Monday, May 29, 2023
21.1 C
New Jersey

$10 Billion Contract Signed by Qatar to Initiate a Significant Gas Production Transformation.

Must read

Ziad Najjar
Ziad Najjar is an Egyptian author who studied business and finance in the United States and has a keen interest in media. He combines his expertise in these fields to create informative and engaging works accessible to a broad audience.

Qatar Energy announced the signing of a $10 billion contract with France’s Technip Energy and Consolidated Contractors Company (CCC) to build two LNG lines under the North South Field project.

The company said in a statement today, Tuesday: “The main engineering, procurement and construction contract, worth approximately $10 billion, includes the construction of two LNG production lines with a capacity of 8 million tons per year each.”

The project includes two giant liquefied natural gas production lines with a total production capacity of 16 million tons per year, in addition to the associated facilities for gas treatment, NGL recovery, helium recovery and processing, in addition to the capture and storage of dioxide in the industrial city of Ras Laffan.

This project, along with the North East Field project, will increase Qatar’s LNG production capacity from the current 77 million tons per year to 126 million tons per year.

Qatar Energy owns a 75% stake in the project, as it has signed partnership agreements with Total, Shell and ConocoPhillips for the remaining 25% stake.

The announcement was made during a ceremony held to mark the award of the main contract for the design, supply and construction of two LNG production lines and related facilities to a joint venture consisting of Technip Energies and Consolidated Contractors Company (CCC).

Source: RT

More articles

Latest article