Moscow, March 28 – News Group Newspapers (NGN), which includes the Sun and Mirror newspapers, said Prince Harry had accused the royal family of withholding information from him about the wiretap of his phone, for fear of a lawsuit and making the case public, on Tuesday. Sky News channel.
Prince Harry sued News Group Newspapers in 2019 over alleged wiretapping. Last Monday, the Duke of Sussex arrived in London for a trial against British publisher Associated Newspapers, which he also sued for breach of privacy.
Prince Harry admits he felt different from his family
March 5, 00:18
“There is no doubt that the (Royal) Institute for a long time withheld from me information about the NGN wiretapping, and this became clear only in recent years, when I filed a lawsuit of my own, using various legal advice and representation,” the prince quotes, saying at the hearing in The case against Associated Newspapers.
The fact that he had grounds to sue NGN became known to him only in 2018, which he did later. Before that, Prince Harry said he was forced to accept the royal family’s unspoken principle regarding journalism “never complain, never explain,” reports Sky News.
The prince also added that he had learned a lot about similar lawsuits against the media filed by people associated with the royal family after they moved to the United States in 2020, the channel reported.
Prince Harry’s children were not invited to the coronation of Charles III, the Telegraph writes
Mar 12, 1:01
In addition to Prince Harry, lawsuits have been filed against Associated Newspapers by singer Elton John, actresses Elizabeth Hurley and Sadie Frost, and activist Baroness Doreen Lawrence.
As Variety previously reported, the publishing house allegedly hired people to put “bugs” on the plaintiffs’ cars and homes, as well as listen in on their phone conversations and pay law enforcement officers for information on them. It was also alleged that people employed by the publishing house gained access to bank accounts “through illegal means”.
At the same time, a representative of the publishing house said that this was “a planned attempt to involve the Mail in a telephone hacking scandal involving articles 30 years ago.” According to the Associated Press, the allegations against him are slanderous, and prosecutors and attorneys are only looking for compromising evidence.
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle left the United Kingdom after a conflict with the royal family for nearly three years, refusing to perform royal duties. In March 2021, the couple gave a scandalous interview to Oprah Winfrey, in which they accused the relatives of indifference, constant pressure and even racism. Since then, relations between the couple and the royal court have remained strained.
Prince Harry has accused the British media of ruining his relationship with his family
Jan 9, 17:12
You must log in to post a comment.